The Craft & Explore shop is now live! You can now get recipe keys to craft and use your energy to get travel tokens! https://www.ranebopets.com/shops/12
Eggs can be found through travel tokens, which allow you to search an area for items! The egghunt prompt is now the only prompt that gives eggs, it was only a temporary solution until we had the explores set up, so explores are the new way to get em!
The first egg hunt is live!
Eggs can be hidden anywhere on the site, except for Masterlist entries and Member's user profiles!
You are free to discuss egg locations privately, but do not give hints or publicly disclose locations!
The first hunt Starts now and ends in Four hours at 12AM EST
Blue speckled: You're a long way from home
Purple Speckled: A sweet summer snack!
Yellow Speckled: This egg is looking into a mirror!
Blue Striped: A horrible crabby pet
Purple striped: Welcome to ranebopets!
Yellow striped: Hop to it kangaroo!
Hello! We've introduced some new rules to keep the game balanced. These have all been added to the Scoring & Standards guide and will remain there for your reference, but here is a rundown on what they are. If you have questions, feel free to ask below!
- Upper character limit for submissions
- Doodlepages submission Limits
- New Thumbnail rule
- New Character Definition Rule
1.Upper character limit for submissions
The scorable character limit for ANY submission is now maximum 50 characters (prompts, general art, background art, doodle pages, etc) "Characters" includes ranebopets, familiars, etc. Scorable meaning the first 50 characters count for currency, but the 51st character and above in a submission does not count for TC.
Reason: Sometimes members submit large pieces with characters that are too numerous to reasonably count. We've introduced this limit to keep it reasonable for processing purposes and to reduce mistake TC given.
2. Doodlepage submission limits
A doodle page is defined as a page of many drawings of characters with no background. (“characters” includes grown raneopets, hatchlings, and familiars) You can claim currency on up to 2 character doodlepages per month. If the page has over 10 characters, You must still provide a 2nd version of the doodlepage which is numbered for easier counting. The kinds of doodlepages are:
- Same-character doodlepage | up to 20 characters each page. Same-character is a page of drawings with all same characters or many repeating characters with over 2+ repeats each.
- Different-character doodlepage | up to 50 characters per page. A page of drawings that is mostly different characters with few repeat characters.
If you are someone that enjoys making massive doodle pages, you can still make them! However, there is a limit to how much TC you can earn on them per month.
Reason: We want to limit massive tc farming per user using character drawings - we still allow it to the limits above but we wanted to make sure there is a monthly cap. There are currently no limits on prompt submissions or general art with backgrounds, so long as the backgrounds are not recycled.
3. New thumbnail rules
Thumbnails are NOT the sketch of your drawing! If you submit just the pieces' sketch it will be rejected. In order for something to count as a thumbnail.....
- If you're claiming thumbnail bonus, you must submit at least 2 different thumbnails with a piece. Thumbnails are for exploring options for your piece before you start, so you must have at least 2.
- It must have a border of any shape. Rectangle, square, circle, a loose shape, etc.
- It must have background elements.
Reason: We have many users submitting their piece's sketch for thumbnail TC, but unfortunately this is not what thumbnails are so we are rejecting a lot. We're hoping these rules can make clearer what a thumbnail is and is not.
4. New Character Definition/Abstraction rule
Character art being claimed for currency (including within doodle pages) must be well-defined and cannot be overly vague, loose, or abstract versions of themselves.
The example below is just a general guide to communicate the concept. Columns 1-3 in the example would generally count for currency, with 3 being the limit, but 4 would not count.
Character abstraction is a sliding scale and if we're stuck, we compare your submission to your other pieces of artwork to decide if it counts. Ultimately it comes down to the moderator's discression, the artist's work, and the context of the submission.
Reason: We've had a number of submissions with character drawings in them that we feel are too abstract to count as a fullbody character, so introduced this rule/definition.
What time is it? It's EGGSTER! Welcome to our most jam-packed seasonal event yet! This event runs for all of april and introduces new features to the game, guest designs, egg hunts, and more!
Read about all the features and the event lore here! https://www.ranebopets.info/eggster.html
Egg hunts are not live yet. Don't go looking for them yet!
Refresher on EC (Event currency) for new members!
- Only obtainable via the eggster prompts
- Cannot be traded/Transferred between users
- Will be cleared after the event ends
Due to the increase of submissions we have been getting lately, we are putting general art claims on pause as we rework the system. We currently do not have an ETA on when they will be unpaused. You can still earn TC by doing prompts while general art is paused!
Writing submissions have been re-opened!!
The way we score writing has changed slightly from before, so please give the scoring guide a look over before submitting any writing!
Prompts that accept writing, now require 800 words as a minimum, with the exception of Multi-Part prompts like dragoon discovery and affinity prompts.
Additionally, the cookery writing prompt has been removed and replaced with the "Best baker" challenge prompt! Check it out here!
Cloventines' is here, and it is a little different from last year! Cloventines' is now a mini event that uses TC instead of EC. We are planning an egg-hunt themed major event in april and downgraded cloventine's to make room, but there's still plenty of things to do!
There are a couple of prompts available for march, and you can access the Secret Seasonal shop if you have the Cloventines' badge. Get the badge by doing cloventines' prompts!
Cash Shop (has cloventines' items) https://www.ranebopets.com/cash-shop
Cloventines' Prompts: https://www.ranebopets.com/prompts/prompts?prompt_category_id=8
TC Shop: https://www.ranebopets.com/shops
End date, prompts & shop close: March 31st at 11:59pm, est
If you would like to volunteer your ranebopets to be paired with for the breeding event, Comment below with a link to your ranebopets' ML entries! No hatchlings, and you can only volunteer rpets YOU own!
This does not give you a free baby. It just means someone can choose your pet to pair with theirs if they are getting a breed slot. The offspring produced will take inspiration & traits from the two parents involved in the breeding.
Welcome to the Halcidays mini event! Help your ranebopet celebrate their significant other, travel to the wishcaves to wish for a baby, upgrade your cappari to a domini, and get the Halcidays badge to get access to the secret shop to get baby ranebopet MYOS and new event familiars! The Cherub potion, angel wing spell, halo spell and glowing cheek spell are still in the TC and cash shop!
Halcidays & Wishcaves prompts | Breeding event - [Post dropping soon]
The breeding slots allow you to get baby semicustoms from tessary with a chance of hybrids. There are 8 slots, flatsales, and a FREE raffle for breeding slots and premade babies! Get raffle tickets to enter by doing the Halcidays prompts.
! Important: we’re releasing the Breed event newspost and the wishcaves art within the next 2 hours so please hold off on any questions about those until we post more information!
The buppy balooza event is now over, and we've gotten so many new members in the past two days! I hope you all enjoy your time here in ranebopets!
Joining a new group and learning all the systems and workings can be exhausting for anyone, so I've compiled a list of some need-to-knows for new members!
Submitting prompts and claims [ See full guide]
- When submitting any prompt or claim, you will need to add a scoring breakdown to the comments section of your claim! A scoring breakdown is essentially a list of what you're claiming tc on! Think of it as showing your work on a math assignment. So long as you make an attempt, you'll be fine! Mods will double check your breakdown and add or remove TC if theres any inaccuracies!
- Heres an example!
4tc - 2x Ranebopet fullbodies
8tc - Lv2 Background
12 tc total
- Heres an example!
- Another thing you will need to do, is add on your claimed TC! If you're claiming 12tc on a drawing, you'll need to make sure you add it as a reward! If you forget, a mod will typically catch it and add it on to your claim for you!
- You can't claim TC on the FIRST masterlist drawing of a MYO ranebopet, as this is part of the requirement to make them official!
MYO tickets [See full guide]
- MYO tickets can be purchased at any time from the [MYO shop]! To turn a MYO ticket into a usable MYO slot, find it in your inventory, click it and select "Use". Afterwards you can find it under "MYO slots" on the side of your profile!
Giftart [ see full guide ]
- If you would like to edit the giftart status on your character..
- Go to their Masterlist entry > Select edit profile > At the bottom, select a giftart setting from the dropdown!
- If you find a character on the masterlist that you want to draw, make sure to check their public giftart status before drawing them! some users don't want giftart of their characters, so you'll need to respect their wishes!
If you have further questions...
We hope you have fun here in ranebopets!!