Hey there, ranebo crew!
This week we’ve got a few changes, some big, some small! Let’s get right into it!
- The Legendary Shop has come and gone, as well as the corresponding items from the cash shop! The shop will be opened again sometime in June, so be sure to keep an eye out.
- A new currency has been added -- Event Energy! More info will be announced about this currency in the coming weeks. You can view this currency by clicking here!
- There have been a few new additions to the height chart, which can be found over on the ranebopets.info site!
- Bokkudo XL wing image has been updated to show bug wings instead of angel wings.
- Fixed a few minor hatchling guide inconsistencies:
- Clarification of bokkudo hatchlings being able to have head fluff and/or spikes, not body fluff/spikes.
- Dot eyes are no longer required on hatchlings.
- Legendary Trait Spell and Drajin Legendary Trait Spell have gotten new item art!
- A small change has been added to the description of the Pterawings Spell, as pterawings aren’t the only thing needed to turn your trabble into a pterrabble!
- To make a Pterabble, apply Pterawings, Long tail, Long fur, and Long legs to a trabble!
- All traits have been updated with uniform text descriptions!
That's all for this week! We hope to have some fun and exciting things planned for the future, so please keep an eye out!
This week, we only have one big announcement, so to compensate for the short post, how about we have some fun with a little Ranebo Trivia?
Firstly, the announcement!
- The Legendary Shop has officially opened! This will remain open for the whole week, and will be closing on Sunday, May 23rd at 6pm EST! Be sure to get any items while they’re around, as there’s no guarantee when they’ll be back! (Remember, these items are also in the cash shop with unlimited stock!)
And now for some fun little facts that people might not be aware of!
- The first iteration of the bokkudo species were dinosaurs! They were originally called kudos raptors. They have since kept their kudos token, but have taken on more of a bug/reptile mixture of traits!
- Did you know that bunbii can possess both a Sumnum and Winty seasonal fur coat? These can have different colour palettes, as well as the Winty coat looking a bit more fluffy than their Sumnum one!
There’s not too many updates for this week, so let’s keep this short and sweet!
- The EC wipe has been completed. If you for some reason still have EC on your account, please comment on this announcement so we can manually remove it!
- The last Eggster adopt has been discounted to $85! They are available for sale HERE!
Welcome to May!
We've had some absolutely exciting things happen this week! The month of April is behind us, and with the new month comes quite a few updates!
- Please give a warm welcome to our newest moderators, NaviLovesYou and Tempelina ! They will be working on site as new queue checkers, so don't be surprised if your submissions get accepted by these two new faces!
- Eggster has come to a conclusion as of the 30th! Be sure to convert any EC into TC or buy your final items before the 6th! EC to TC converters can be found and purchased within the Eggster shop. Please keep in mind, ALL EC will be wiped after this date!
- There is still one Eggster adopt open for purchase! Messy Painter is available for sale HERE!
- The tooshi prompt has come and gone along with the Eggster season, but this doesn't mean the end of the trusty Bug Net item! Bug Nets are now required for the following prompts:
- Meet Leetle
- Meet Flying Heck
- Meet Noodlefish
- That being said, explores and crafting will be sticking around! The explores will have slightly different items with the leave of Eggster, so please be sure to read their item descriptions for more info.
- Additionally, Bompom Travel Token, Petals, and Craft Paint are leaving the explores, as well as the Flower Crown and Painted Golem recipes!
- NEW!! Recipe keys have become consumable items! To view your recipes, select your recipe key from your inventory and click "Redeem Recipe"
- A certain sugarnix found their way onto the .info site and replaced some images with one of themself! These have been reverted back to normal.
- Please stay tuned for more fun in the upcoming weeks!
We hope you all have a wonderful week, and we'll see you again next time!
Welcome to the first of our new Weekly Roundup! This is a news post that will be recapping everything that has happened over the course of the last week! This is for anyone on site who may not be in the discord, so they can stay in the know whenever we have new and exciting things planned, or to see any changes that have happened the week before!
Each Weekly Roundup post will be happening on Sundays at 8pm EST.
- You can now convert your EC to TC in the Eggster EC Shop! Make sure you spend all of your EC before the shop closes on May 6th! ( Please be sure to see the shop for the exact time)
- Eggster familiars and EC bundles have been added to the cash shop! Be sure to check out the shop today!
- Additionally, MYO Slots have been restocked in the cash shop!
- Bokkudo XL wing modifier, Bokkudo Fingers, and bokkudo spikes have been added/readded to the .info site. You can find these changes here!
- We have made a small phrasing change on the scoring guide .
- "Up to 4 thumbnails per submission" -> "Up to 4 thumbnails per scene"
- We have updated a section of our trade and resale rules! It is highlighted in the section under "Selling"
- The Legendary Shop will be closing tomorrow! Be sure to get any last minute purchases in before they're all gone for the month!
- Eggster prompts will be closing officially on April 30th, at 11:59PM EST. This leaves 5 days to complete any prompts you might be working on! Please be sure to get them in before the timer runs out!
Thank you all so much for tuning in this week, we'll see you again next Sunday!
Hey everyone! Since the daily energy system has been broken for the past two days, you can click the link below to claim 2 free energy gummies to make up for the downtime!
Daily energy is now fixed and back! Hopefully the bug stays squashed this time! thanks for your patience!
We're happy to announce that familiars have left the item catagory and become their own catagory, PETS!
You've probably noticed that large "Pets" box sitting empty on your profile for some time now, but this section will be empty no longer!
All familiars have been turned into box items that you can open from your inventory to move them to the pets catagory. We ask that if you own any familiars, you do so ASAP! If you have any familiars attached to ranebopets, you will have to remove them from your pet and then add them back after converting them.
This update will not change how familiars work in the group, simply make it easier to organise them and attach them to ranebopets.
The Craft & Explore shop is now live! You can now get recipe keys to craft and use your energy to get travel tokens! https://www.ranebopets.com/shops/12
Eggs can be found through travel tokens, which allow you to search an area for items! The egghunt prompt is now the only prompt that gives eggs, it was only a temporary solution until we had the explores set up, so explores are the new way to get em!
The first egg hunt is live!
Eggs can be hidden anywhere on the site, except for Masterlist entries and Member's user profiles!
You are free to discuss egg locations privately, but do not give hints or publicly disclose locations!
The first hunt Starts now and ends in Four hours at 12AM EST
Blue speckled: You're a long way from home
Purple Speckled: A sweet summer snack!
Yellow Speckled: This egg is looking into a mirror!
Blue Striped: A horrible crabby pet
Purple striped: Welcome to ranebopets!
Yellow striped: Hop to it kangaroo!
Hello! We've introduced some new rules to keep the game balanced. These have all been added to the Scoring & Standards guide and will remain there for your reference, but here is a rundown on what they are. If you have questions, feel free to ask below!
- Upper character limit for submissions
- Doodlepages submission Limits
- New Thumbnail rule
- New Character Definition Rule
1.Upper character limit for submissions
The scorable character limit for ANY submission is now maximum 50 characters (prompts, general art, background art, doodle pages, etc) "Characters" includes ranebopets, familiars, etc. Scorable meaning the first 50 characters count for currency, but the 51st character and above in a submission does not count for TC.
Reason: Sometimes members submit large pieces with characters that are too numerous to reasonably count. We've introduced this limit to keep it reasonable for processing purposes and to reduce mistake TC given.
2. Doodlepage submission limits
A doodle page is defined as a page of many drawings of characters with no background. (“characters” includes grown raneopets, hatchlings, and familiars) You can claim currency on up to 2 character doodlepages per month. If the page has over 10 characters, You must still provide a 2nd version of the doodlepage which is numbered for easier counting. The kinds of doodlepages are:
- Same-character doodlepage | up to 20 characters each page. Same-character is a page of drawings with all same characters or many repeating characters with over 2+ repeats each.
- Different-character doodlepage | up to 50 characters per page. A page of drawings that is mostly different characters with few repeat characters.
If you are someone that enjoys making massive doodle pages, you can still make them! However, there is a limit to how much TC you can earn on them per month.
Reason: We want to limit massive tc farming per user using character drawings - we still allow it to the limits above but we wanted to make sure there is a monthly cap. There are currently no limits on prompt submissions or general art with backgrounds, so long as the backgrounds are not recycled.
3. New thumbnail rules
Thumbnails are NOT the sketch of your drawing! If you submit just the pieces' sketch it will be rejected. In order for something to count as a thumbnail.....
- If you're claiming thumbnail bonus, you must submit at least 2 different thumbnails with a piece. Thumbnails are for exploring options for your piece before you start, so you must have at least 2.
- It must have a border of any shape. Rectangle, square, circle, a loose shape, etc.
- It must have background elements.
Reason: We have many users submitting their piece's sketch for thumbnail TC, but unfortunately this is not what thumbnails are so we are rejecting a lot. We're hoping these rules can make clearer what a thumbnail is and is not.
4. New Character Definition/Abstraction rule
Character art being claimed for currency (including within doodle pages) must be well-defined and cannot be overly vague, loose, or abstract versions of themselves.
The example below is just a general guide to communicate the concept. Columns 1-3 in the example would generally count for currency, with 3 being the limit, but 4 would not count.
Character abstraction is a sliding scale and if we're stuck, we compare your submission to your other pieces of artwork to decide if it counts. Ultimately it comes down to the moderator's discression, the artist's work, and the context of the submission.
Reason: We've had a number of submissions with character drawings in them that we feel are too abstract to count as a fullbody character, so introduced this rule/definition.