Should you require any clarification of the rules, please contact us.
- Nix, Nixten
Any other character-based intellectual property of ranebopets including all familiars/pippets on the site will be treated as closed species as well, and are subject to the same terms as the official ranebopets closed species.
- When you own a ranebopets character, you own the personal, non-commercial rights to that character. ranebopets owns the commercial rights to the character's species as a concept, but does not claim any personal or commercial rights to any unique and individual character you own.
- Co-owning is not allowed, nor officially recognized in the masterlist. Any ownership disputes regarding unofficial co-owning will not be handled by ranebopets or the admins.
- There is no limit to the amount of ranebopets characters you can own.
- Any ranebopets characters and MYO slots can be traded/transferred, unless they are tradelocked.
- A ranebopets character is only considered official when it has been uploaded to the masterlist, not as an unused myo slot.
- All ownership changes (including trading, gifting, or selling), must be done through the ranebopets masterlist on-site to be considered official.
- If you own ranebopets characters but do not currently have a ranebopets account and wish not to have one, you can contact ranebopets and we will update your masterlist entry with the ownership transfer.
- Any ranebopet can be sold for any amount of RC, regardless of how you got it.
- A ranebopet can be sold for the cash amount that was invested into it via commissioned art or a reasonable price for art you have made yourself. You cannot increase the price for art it already came with, or gift art. This rule is to allow users to be fairly compensated for their investment into a character, however beyond this, users are forbidden to exploit the resale & trade rules to profit on a regular basis or in a way that staff deems exploitative.
- A ranebopet's resale price can be increased with traits and features you have purchased with money. (Purchased RC is exempt) This can be added to its value when you request a masterlist update on-site - please contact the group or discord if you believe your character is missing $ value from an added trait.
- A ranebopet that was acquired without $ CAN be resold later if the new owner added on art or commissions to it.
- We do not under any circumstances allow users that do not have Marshmu's express permission to make adoptables of ranebopet species for free, trade, or sale. Adoptables in this case is multiple designs, in a batch or not, made publicly available. This can also include designing MYOS on a regular basis to trade. If we find a user to be loopholing rules to make adoptables, we may take actions such as restrictions, warnings, suspensions, or bans. This is solely up to the judgement of staff.
- Users can freely take monetary commissions to draw other’s ranebopets, as well as be paid to design other’s MYOs. Users are not allowed to publicly post sheets of premade ranebopet designs they have available.
Masterlist entry Base Sale value
- A ranebopet's base sale value will be listed under their masterlist entry- this tracks the price for JUST the character and no extra art (cost of the design+traits - this can include the cost of the myo slot, the custom design cost, etc).
- This price does NOT include the cost of commissioned or added art because we cannot track the art that the character comes with or ensure it's delivered with the character- this is the responsibility of the parties involved in the trade/resale.
- Ranebopets CAN be resold for more than this price to the amount of added commissions/art - the owner is responsible for keeping track of extra art $ value themselves.
3. MYO Slots
- Ranebopets made with MYO slots are only considered official/useable in group activities once they have been uploaded to the masterlist.
- You can commission an artist to design your MYO pouflon slot for you, or have a friend design them for free, so long as you follow that species' design rules.
- MYO slots can be transferred to other users. The slot can be resold if you obtained it for money, or can be transferred for any transferrable site currency amount.
You are allowed to make small design edits to your ranebopet (e.g. changing a white to a cream, changing nose color, removing small spots) but anything larger requires the appropriate item from the Traits Shop. You can ask in the #help channel of the Ranebopets Discord (ages 16+) to have your design assessed beforehand if you like. You can get your design approved through the design approvals function of the site. (on the navbar go to: activity > desgin approvals)
During that process, a mod will inform you if your change requires a design change item.
- You are allowed to make alternate 'forms' for your ranebopet with the same design in any species outside of ranebopets you have permission to make.
- If you turn an existing character of yours into a character, you must credit the original designer of that design as the character's designer.
5. Voucher/Merch/Gift Card trades
- We do not appraise value prior to voucher trades, you can go through with the trade on your own for any amount of goods, but when a character is traded for real items/gift cards/vouchers, a screenshot of the items/gift cards/vouchers and their value being received must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org titled: "Voucher Record from *Username*"
- The general rule of thumb for voucher trades is that the money for the character cannot be sent directly to the character's owner—as that would count as a resale—but can be sent to an application of their choice (gift card, payment for a commission, etc.)
- Visa gift cards are not allowed to be purchased in exchange for a character because the money can be withdrawn. Other gift cards are allowed.
6. Blacklisting & effects
Grounds for warning: Attempting to claim group currency on art that has already had currency claimed on it, uploading art or characters a user does not own or have permission to upload.
Grounds for bans: Chargebacks (paypal or otherwise) multiple cancelled bids across auctions & sales, scamming users, intentional character theft.
- A user that has been blacklisted from ranebopets is allowed to keep their existing characters but cannot acquire new ranebopets characters by any means, be it buying, gifting, trading, etc.
- The blacklisted user is still able to resell and trade their characters and MYO slots (but cannot acquire new characters) in order to do this, the user must contact ranebopets or an administrator.
- Final sales and trades of ranebopets characters by banned users will be observed by moderators.
7. Revocation and Seizing of characters
- Revocation is only used by ranebopets in extreme cases at our discretion such as those involving theft, scamming, or illegal activities. Characters possessed by banned or blacklisted users before they were banned will be revoked if the banned user obtained them by scamming or theft. Any characters obtained lawfully by the banned user will be treated at the discretion of ranebopets staff.
- Revoked characters will be rehomed at the discretion of staff. In the case of scamming or theft we will transfer the character to the previous owner or victim of theft.
- Any characters obtained by a banned user at any time after they have been notified of their ban will have their trade or sale reversed by request of ranebopets and the owner. If that is not possible, it may be revoked without compensation from the banned user & returned to the previous owner. Do not attempt to acquire a ranebopets character if you have been banned.
- At the discression of ranebopets staff and depending on the conditions of the ban, a banned user who obtains a character by purchasing it after being notified of their ban may or may not be subject to a forced sale of the character, where they will be ordered to sell the character at a price decided upon by staff.